      From: Dan Van Landingham <danvanlandingham@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, February 1, 2009 4:29:37 PM
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Ozzie Nelson

      I remember watching Ozzie and Harriet Nelson on tv roughly fifty years ago and I never
      heard of him playing trumpet.The trumpeter was Bo Ashford,a Bix styled trumpeter.He
      had a brother named Bob Ashford also a trumpeter.The only record I ever heard that
      featured Ashford who was rather boring.The baritone saxophonist had a more interest-
      ing solo.I also read that Nelson was a banjoist.On a sitcom called "The Mothers in
      Law" starring Eve Arden and Kay Medford,from the middle to late sixties,Nelson had a
      bit part playing an alto saxophonist- bandleader named "Owen Sinclair" who was also
      known as Ossie Snick.Prior to Nelson's stint as an RCA artist,he was on Brunswick in
      the early thirties.