6503Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Choro (was Re Argentinian jazz from 1926)

  • Danilo Nogueira
    Dec 23, 2008
      Albert

      Yes, there is a very strong connection. In addition several Brazilian
      composers wrote "tangos" in a vein that was entirely different from
      whatever our River Plate brothers were doing. This is from Ernesto
      Nazareth

      http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=AlQRjb2Clb8&feature=related

      (The singing is a good immitation of what was going on at the time,
      the dancing is a modern creation and would have been found
      unacceptable)

      --
      Danilo Nogueira -São Bernardo Bra(s/z)il