      From: Mordechai Litzman
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 2:19 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Authentic washboard band, Argentinian jazz from 1926

      Came across an excellent recording of Washboard Cut Out by Bobbie Leecan's Need More Band that I would like to share with the group - this recording is new to me. Not recorded in the the deep South but in New York City in 1927. 241
      This recording is courtesy of an Austrian collector.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YjYm6JFpHY

      BTW, many times I came across 1920's jazz recordings from Argentina on the RHJA, but usually they are only listed but not available to listen to. Among some eighty 78's that this collector put on YouTube I found this Argentinian 1926 recording of La Mantilla Espanola, which is quite good. (If you click on the link you will find out the English name of this tune!)
      502

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf9iyK9xnnI