      From: bernice joffe
      To: redhotjazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 6:20 PM
      Subject: RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Jack Teagarden's Orchestra on the TOPS label. hey wait!

      interesting u should comment on mr teagarden. my uncle Val salata played the piano and trumpet with mr. teagarden during that time. sometime during that same era uncle val had his own band, but i can't find any recordings

      my uncle was a trained classical pianist, who loved what we called boogie woogie.
      he died in france just after the war when i believe he was playing for the USO , at least that is family lore
      i was only 5 at the time

      any way i begg to differ with u i was able to find only one recording- armed service too, and i think
      uncle Vlado was pretty terriffic in his solo

      if any one any recording with uncle Val on it- i would be more than willing to pay any costs for a duplicate