6409Frankie Newton

  • rogerstrong257
    Oct 24, 2008
      I am interested in finding out more about Frankie Newton. The
      material about him in reference books seems to repeat the same sorts of
      things-that he didn't like Big Bands/that he drank to excess/ that he
      was a political activist/that he painted more than played in the last
      years. He died March 11th,1954 aged only 48. Born january 4th,1906.
      I can find about 45 sides that he recorded but I am interested if
      anything has been written about him in the last few years. Do any of
      his painting still exist-what style did he use and indeed anything new
      or interesting that I can find out about him.
      Can anyone help please?
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic