      From: spacelights <spacelights@...>
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: Dodds with Oliver
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 10:56 PM

      Michael,

      The identification could come from Klaus-Uwe's Dodds discography
      (which you mention elsewhere in this thread), as he has "poss. Joe
      Oliver" for the Bertrand session of 16 September.

      In 'Dave Nelson and Others', Christopher Hillman and Roy Middleton
      list an italicised Dave Nelson. A problem with identifying Nelson is
      that none of his early (Chicago) recordings are confirmed for comparison.

      Incidentally, Rust shows an alternative of Bertrand's earlier "Little
      Bits"--E-3165- -as issued (and reissued). Is this accurate?

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogro ups.com, "Michael Rader" <Rader.Michael@ ...>