6064Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Dodds with Oliver

    Jul 17, 2008
      John, all,

      I used to be in contact with Duerr and the identification would be based on listening (usually with Bernhard Behncke). 47th Street Stomp, which I gave a quick listen, isn't entirely inconsistent with what is heard from cornets on other Oliver recordings.

      There is another take of "Struggling", but I'm unaware of "Little Bits".

      Michael

      > Michael,
      >
      > The identification could come from Klaus-Uwe's Dodds discography
      > (which you mention elsewhere in this thread), as he has "poss. Joe
      > Oliver" for the Bertrand session of 16 September.

      > Incidentally, Rust shows an alternative of Bertrand's earlier "Little
      > Bits"--E-3165--as issued (and reissued). Is this accurate?

      In 5 Schritten zur eigenen Homepage. Jetzt Domain sichern und gestalten!
      Nur 3,99 EUR/Monat! http://www.maildomain.web.de/?mc=021114
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic