6050Re: Dodds with Oliver

    Jul 17, 2008

      > These weren¹t proposed as Olivers even in the days when people with
      records
      > to sell labelled any unknown trumpeter King Oliver.

      My reason for asking was exactly why Oliver was being proposed at this
      late date.

      > The only publication of the John Dodds II recollections in
      bibliographies is
      > the notes to ŒChicago Mess Around¹, Milestone MLP2011 (1969). I imagine
      > these are what this web-site has copied.
      Well, not quite. I think there's something more in the booklet on
      Johnny Dodds by Klaus-Uwe Duerr. I never had the Milestone, so I'm not
      sure what was in the notes, but the bit on the Finnish site has a
      short biographical not on Dodds II and refers to the two interviews.