5572New member - Tony Bradley

  • Robert Smith
    Jun 9, 2008
      Dear Tony,

      The radio station does have a web-site with a "live radio" banner, but unfortunately the net radio isn't functioning at the moment. We are hoping to get it working again in the not-too-distant future - I'll let you know if and when. The URL is:
      www.radio3rana.no

      One of my all-time favourite tunes is Luis Russell's "Jersey Lightning". It was this record that opened my "mouldie fygge" eyes to big band music, albeit mostly '20's and 30's big bands.

      1968 was the year before I moved from England to Norway.

      We did, in fact, form a big band here in Mo i Rana in the late seventies with yours truly on 1st trombone. This was more a swing band à la Glenn Miller than a jazz orchestra. I have just one recording of the band.

      Kind Regards

      Bob

      --
      Jeg bruker gratisversjonen av SPAMfighter for privatbrukere.
      Den har fjernet 4683 søppelpostmeldinger til nå.