5466A Trumpet Around the Corner

  • Robert Greenwood
    Apr 30 2:44 AM
      I am presently reading and, for the most part, enjoying Sam Charters'
      new book, A Trumpet Around the Corner: the Story of New Orleans Jazz,
      but I wonder why University of Mississippi has allowed him to get away
      without fully citing his sources? The book contains a bibliography and
      an appendix giving page references where Charters has quoted directly
      from another author, but statements of fact and anecdotes are left
      without any source for the reader to check or to follow up. StrangeĀ…
      Has anyone else out there read this book?
      Robert Greenwood.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic