5337Re: [RedHotJazz] Need Info on a later Eddie Barefield recording

  • yves francois
    Mar 31, 2008
      i think it was for cosmopolitan records, a label
      headed by edgar battle (trumpeter in "a viper's maon"
      by willie bryant, and an excellent arranger to boot),
      may have done more than one LP for edgar, he was a
      great fan of mr barefiled. i don't know why, but i
      have NEVER seen any of those records, and the
      personell on any of the records made on cosmopolitan
      ALWAYS look interesting, but then edgar had great
      taste, and was a very enterprising gentleman (franz
      jackson had some stories about him), will look into it
      later this week, when i have some free time, regards,
      yves