      From: Hugh <hughphoric@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 2 January, 2008 12:15:46 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Potato Head Blues

      Can anybody help? The conventional wisdom is that the chords for the first 4 bars of the chorus are:

      F E7 Gm C7

      However, Pete Briggs plays an A in the second bar, and it seems as though Lil and Johnny St Cyr are playing an Fmaj7, at least in Johnny Dodd's solo.

      Any thoughts, anybody? - and a Happy New Year to all! I'll be playing with Ian Christie in Highgate this evening if anyone can be around.

      Hugh Crozier