5075Re: [RedHotJazz] JSP Waller box question...

  • Walter Five
    Dec 5, 2007
      Now you see? This is why I joined this group! I wasn't even aware that JSP had put out a series of Waller Box Sets!!! High time *somebody* did! I bought the complete series of "Fats Waller & His Rhythm" releases a decade ago, six volumes, and like 14 or 16 discs all told, great stuff, but could never find anything else that was at all comprehensive!

      When is someone going to do this for Jolie??? I just got the complete discography book, and I'm simply droolin'!

      Thanks!

      P.S. Volume 1 already on its way! :-)

      spacelights <spacelights@...> wrote:
      I've been enjoying Volume 1 (1922-1928) which seems well and truly
      "complete", with all the alternative takes. I've not heard Volume 2
      (1929-1934), but I notice the tracklist includes only two takes of the
      1929 pipe organ solo "Baby Oh! Where Can You Be?" (also recorded as a
      piano solo). I think three takes of the organ solo circulate; does
      someone know why only two were included?