4902RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Louis Armstrong later recordings

    Nov 1, 2007
      Right Howard & Tony. There is almost no bad Louis, even the mawkish is
      transformed by his sincerity and musical intelligence.

      Later indeed the 'dedicated' albums, per Howard, are best together with
      those away from the All Star treadmill where he still strove for those high
      note endings. The Ellington, yes, and the Dukes Of Dixieland where, despite
      a leaden rhythm section, we hear the best ever recording of his sound.

      Yes indeed, also with non-jazzers. The Country & Western album. The Ellas
      are sublime.

      The Nina & Fred I would love to hear. Where is it Howard ?