4900Re: Rust's books

  • jimmiejazz37
    Nov 1, 2007
      There are many fine hot dance/jazz tunes in Rust's American Dance
      Band Discography which are not in Jazz Records. Does Lord attempt to
      include these in his discography?

      BTW, Tommer, no discography is free from mistakes. It's always an
      ongoing effort to achieve better accuracy.

      Jim
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Tommer" <tommersl@...> wrote:

      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Dan Van Landingham
      > <danvanlandingham@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Nor do I.There is Jeppsen's Jazz Discographies but that was a 25
      > volume set.
      >
      > There is a site by someone Tom Lord lordisco.com that is claiming
      > have the entire and all-time discography of Jazz on a single cd. It
      > discouraged me from trying to build a prewar database of all the
      cds
      > I (and will) have when I found out about it.
      >
      > Interesting is the statistics on this site says, 700000 artists,
      and
      > the same amount of tunes. Somehow the number of tunes ,at least
      that
      > is what is written in his site, converges to the number of artists.
      >
      > I'm discouraged by the price and the chances that there are
      mistakes.
      > tommersl

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic