4894Re: [RedHotJazz] Rust's books

    Nov 1, 2007
      The current edition of Jazz and Ragtime Records 1897-1942 is the 6th,
      published by Mainspring Press, Denver, Colorado, in 2002. You can easily
      google them. It is edited by Malcolm Shaw and I guess Brian Rust had quite a
      small input into the changes.

      I don't think it would be meaningful to say it's updated. There are changes
      but the majority of issued broadcasts, radio transcriptions, and so on are
      still omitted, so are most new takes and previously unissued items that have
      appeared on LP or CD since 1970. A lot of different speculations about
      personnels we will never know for sure have been substituted over the years.
      I still use the 1969 third edition for most purposes, but we've had a recent
      example on this list (Blue Steele) of how that can mislead.

      You pays your money and etc.!

      on 31/10/07 21:54, Dan Van Landingham at danvanlandingham@... wrote:

      Did Rust ever update his discography book?