4820Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Whistler and His Jug Band

  • David Richoux
    Oct 7, 2007
      CDBaby.com has quite a few new jug band recordings:

      There are regional festivals all over the US (also a few in the UK)
      and it seems like there hundreds of jug bands currently performing.
      The files and links pages on the jugband Yahoo group mention many of
      them. I don't have any favorites yet, there is a lot of variety and
      skills. Mike Seeger (fiddle and just about every other traditional
      jug band instrument ) is probably the most accomplished musician in
      the field.

      Jim Kweskin is performing a bit , he has formed other groups - search
      on [ jim kweskin ] and also there is a new documentary film out
      called "Chasin Gus's Ghost" about him and his group - and many other
      jug bands from the 1960s onward:

      Jim's close associate Fritz Richmond (jug, gut-bucket, etc.) recently
      passed away (2005) and without him I don't think a revival of JKJB
      would be possible.

      Dave Richoux