4794Re: [RedHotJazz] J.C. Johnson (was Tony Parenti: what to buy?)

    Oct 1, 2007
      on 1/10/07 17:33, Olivier Douville at douvilleolivier@... wrote:

      >Hello; Everybody I 'll be glad to find detailled info 'bout the pianist
      >J;C. Johnson (not James P. but James C.)

      Born Chicago, 14 September 1896, died New York, 27 February 1981
      Recorded accompaniments to numerous blues singers and a few very fine band
      sides.
      Many compositions including Empty Bed Blues and The Joint Is Jumpin'.
      Last recorded 1930 with Bennett's Swamplanders.
      Later wrote and organized musical revues including Jazz Train, which he
      brought to Europe in 1955.