4786Jewish influence (Was Re: Earliest jazz in Europe)

  • Tommer
    Sep 30, 2007
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Richoux <tubaman@...> wrote:

      > I think he has modified his screed a bit - a "Tin Pan Alley"
      > connection was in there the last time I read it! It is an obvious
      > fact of the Yiddish connection to so much of modern (western) popular
      > music hat it should go without saying - maybe Frank London decided
      > not to make that "link" quite as obvious as he had a few months ago...
      >
      > The wonders of instant internet history!
      >
      > Dave Richoux
      >
      > On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:36 PM, Tommer wrote:
      >
      > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, David Richoux <tubaman@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> There is a current multi-style trumpeter (Jazz/Klez/Balkan Brass,
      > >> etc.) named Frank London who has spun a wonderful "history" that
      > >> takes all western popular music back to the days of Kings David and
      > >> Solomon (and even the Tower of Babel!) - here is a link to his
      > >> thesis:
      > >>
      > >> http://www.franklondon.com/brotherhood.html
      > >>
      > >> Lots of fun...
      > >>
      > >> Dave Richoux

      An Islamic site excerpts from Henry Ford. I don't know whether it's a
      reliable source, as I haven't read Ford's book, but in case it is,
      Ford is actually crediting Jewish with huge influence on both the Tin
      Pan Alley and Jazz.

      http://www.radioislam.org/ford/intjew11.htm
      tommersl
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic