425Re: [RedHotJazz] How to play in true mono?

    May 23, 2005
      As Howard suggests, the mono button only just partly disguises the problem. The real solution is to have something that can play channels selectively. Some home cinema sets have a mono button, but again this just combines. Also, some devices have a mono switch for use with FM radio (weak transmitters), which can't be used for any other functions, such as listening to CDs.

      Having said that, I have to confess that the "noise" on one channel of the Jack Hylton CD was due mainly to a defective earplug. The CD sounded far better on other headphones, even though these are ancient and missing the foam rubber cushion. I'll continue to experiment, maybe with the Cl. Williams this time, and report back.

      Cheers,
      Michael