424Re: [RedHotJazz] How to play in true mono?

    May 23, 2005
      on 23/5/05 8:19, Michael Rader at Rader.Michael@... wrote:

      > Just a couple of points about Howard's answer:
      >
      > - The mono button to be found on some amplifiers, like a 25 year old+
      > amplifier I have in my basement, simply combines both channels, so the noise
      > is still there, but may be less obtrusive.

      Yes, indeed. I strongly suspected that you knew a lot more about the
      technicalities of this than I did! Yes, the noise is still there, you just
      notice it a lot less, at least you do if you are used to playing old
      records. It probably still sounds like listening to music in a hail storm to
      most "normal" people.

      Your next point sounds like an even better commercial for never ever having
      an amplifier without a mono button.