3942Re: [RedHotJazz] When did Jazz die?

  • eupher dude
    Mar 17, 2007
      part of the problem is the perception of "old time jazz" as not being 'real'
      jazz. I was told by a board member of a local jazz support group that they
      "only support real jazz", meaning I don't know what.

      That jazz--the bop, cool, fusion, whatever--might not be dead, but it only
      has a small life support system, which is really only the players. IMO,
      they are styles for the informed, not the casual listener. And, while I
      don't claim to be the most talented ear-wise, I have a fairly advanced
      ability to hear in the jazz sense. But, I still don't get it.

      steve

      Live Search Maps � find all the local information you need, right when you
      need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic