3806Songs the Bonzo Dog Band Taught Us

  • Robert Greenwood
    Feb 7, 2007
      Last May Walter Five wrote:
      " A really great CD is about to come out, "A Pre-History of
      the Bonzos: The Songs of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band", with many
      original 20's gramaphone recordings of the songs the Bonzos were to
      later record"
      This CD, A Pre-History of the Bonzos: the Songs the Bonzo Dog Band
      Taught Us, is now out and available from The Freak Emporium, PO Box
      1288, Gerrards Cross, Bucks, SL9 9YB, England. They do have a website
      so that you can order it on-line.
      Apart from Morton's Dr Jazz, none of the tracks can really be described
      as jazz but I thought I would mention it since Walter's e-mail provoked
      one or two affectionate responses on this list concerning the Bonzo Dog
      Doo Dah Band.
      Robert G.