3738Re: Morton Library of Cong. on Rounder

  • Mike Meddings
    Jan 1, 2007
      Hello Michael,

      Yes --- you are correct! Here is the URL for the variants available
      of JRMs Rounder LoC recordings on CD:

      http://www.rounder.com/?id=artistHome.php&musicalGroupId=559

      Happy New Year.

      MM

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...>
      wrote:

      > Maybe a slight mistake on Bill Knowlin's part - the slimmer version
      doesn't contain the book (Mr Jelly Roll) and I think the additional
      material he means was on a CD as a pdf file with the first ediition
      as well. The big booklet with an essay by John Szwed is included in
      the slimmer box. The sound isn't as bad as I anticipated, but a
      direct comparison shows that Rounder's 4 CDs of music only sounds
      better - at least superficially. If you have both sets, it is
      advisable to hang on to the music only as well.

      > Best regards and a happy new year,
      >
      > Michael Rader
      > > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      PDF
      > > files.**
      > >
      > > MM
      > >
      > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "john schott" <john@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Just observation at my friendly neighborhood record shop.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic