3737Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Morton Library of Cong. on Rounder

    Jan 1, 2007
      Maybe a slight mistake on Bill Knowlin's part - the slimmer version doesn't contain the book (Mr Jelly Roll) and I think the additional material he means was on a CD as a pdf file with the first ediition as well. The big booklet with an essay by John Szwed is included in the slimmer box. The sound isn't as bad as I anticipated, but a direct comparison shows that Rounder's 4 CDs of music only sounds better - at least superficially. If you have both sets, it is advisable to hang on to the music only as well.

      Best regards and a happy new year,

      Michael Rader