3689Wally Fawkes gig at The White Hart (was Plugs)

  • Robert Greenwood
    Dec 11, 2006
      Just in case anyone out there is thinking of going to the White Hart
      in Drury Lane to hear Doug Murray, Wally Fawkes, and John Chilton,
      who play there every Tuesday evening from 6.00 until 9.00 pm, an
      outbreak of office Xmas parties means that this gig is suspended for
      the time being and will resume on Tuesday 2nd January.
      Robert Greenwood

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Greenwood"
      <robertgreenwood_54uk@...> wrote:

      > Musically, it's a nice gig. The pub, of course, is full of office
      > workers eating, drinking, shouting conversations at one other, and
      > generally ignoring the music before facing the journey home. Drury
      > Lane is that sort of area. However, a blessed silence descends at
      > about 8.00 when they all go home leaving the last set to me and a
      > couple of other pairs of ears. One caveat, though: the White Hart
      is
      > not a "jazz pub", and the music is usually put on hold for the
      > duration of events of popular import such as Xmas or the polo at
      > Hurlingham.
      > Robert G.
      >

      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Hugh Crozier <jellyrollstomp@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Really! I used to play there in the late 60s. Funny how things
      come
      > around again.

      Drury