Skip to search.

3540RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: NEW KING OLIVER REISSUE

    Nov 7, 2006
      Having further investigated the Archeophone site I find my earlier question
      answered and that the copy of Gennett 5275 was used.

      However, the link in the text referring to Gennett 5275 plays the Okeh '
      Working Man ' --- confusing.

      The track list further down does indeed play the Gennett.

      The transcriptions cited as 'dubs' on the Retrieval -- ' Krooked' and
      'Alligator' -- even if so, are among the best on that issue and I cannot
      hear any improvement on the limited clip available from Archeophone.

      But PC soundstream never is a fair test but generally the Archeophone sound
      seems good but then so is the Retrieval.