3525"Too Busy" (Was Lillie Delk Christian)

  • Albert Haim
    Nov 6, 2006
      Hello Mates,

      "Too Busy" is one of my favorite tunes. Charlie Straight's versions
      (two, one with a vocal and one without) are fantastic. There are also
      excellent versions by the Coon-Sanders Nighthawks and by the Clicquot
      Club Eskimos (with an interpolation of "Berceuse de Jocelyn.") The
      Lillie Delk Christian version with Louis and his Hot Four has a great
      scatting by Louis behind the vocal by Lillie. Would it be correct to
      describe what Louis does as a "vocal obbligato"? Obbligatos are mostly
      played on trumpet or reeds behind a vocal.

      Albert

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "stewmclean" <stewmclean@...> wrote:

      > I have uploaded the other track and would like to know
      > the name of this song.I assume it's Lillie Delk Christian singing
      > again.
      > many thanks for any help. Stewart

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic