3313Re: J Neal Montgomery record

  • Mike Parker
    Sep 30 1:18 AM
      Thanks again, John. The A-7 is stamped at the opposite side of the runout area from the
      matrix #.

      well, time to find a player for this. It's pretty rough though, has a lot of what looks like
      ground-in dirt in some of the grooves. Could you recommend a good way to clean the
      record? I know not to use alcohol, how about plain old soap and water?

      thanks,
      Mike

      In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "spacelights" <spacelights@...> wrote:

      > You're welcome, Mike--the letter which concludes the matrix # shows
      > the take designation, so you do have Take B, very rare. I'm not sure
      > what "A-7" signifies... The somewhat less rare take of "Auburn Ave.
      > Stomp" is Take C.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > John
      >
      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Parker" <jimiclones@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Wow, thanks! I had no idea. I'd better take care of this one. I
      > literelly rescued it from the
      > > trash at the Goodwill. How can I tell if it is the Take B of Auburn
      > Ave. Stomp? The matrix
      > > numbers of this record are:
      > >
      > > Atlanta Low Down: W402313B A-2
      > > Auburn Ave. Stomp: W402314B A-7