3214Re: Nordskog family (was Another myth?)

  • Albert Haim
    Sep 12, 2006
      Mordechai,

      I am afraid I do not know the answer to your question.

      Albert

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Mordechai Litzman <folke613@...> wrote:

      > Are these masters from those that Arto returned? According to GU,
      Nordskog issued 27 doublesided records, and all the 6 Ory records were
      "re-issued" on the Spike's brothers label Sunshine Records (i.e. their
      label was pasted on top of the Nordskog label) .

      > Albert Haim <alberthaim@...> wrote:
      I forgot to mention that Erik has about 80 masters from his great
      > grandfather. Brad describes the collection as, "This collection is a
      > cross-section of musical culture in Southern California in the
      > unlikely recording years of 1921-22. It features dance bands,
      > Hawaiian, popular and art songs, recitations and political speeches,
      > maybe some classical." Unfortunately, no Kid Ory, no Jelly Roll
      > Morton, and no King Oliver.
      >
      > Albert
      >
      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Albert Haim" <alberthaim@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Brad Kay, musician, collector, and occasional record producer from
      > > Venice, California (just South of Santa Monica) is in contact with
      > > Erik Nordskog, great grandson of Andre/Arnie Nordskog.
      > >
      > > Albert
      > >
      > > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogrouMordechai, ps.com, Mordechai Litzman
      <folke613@> wrote:

      > > > I would suggest contacting people with the name Nordskog in
      > > California. A White Pages search turned up a number of people in the
      > > Los Angeles - Santa Monica area.
      > > >
      > > > Robert Smith <robert.smith@> wrote:
      > > I've just researched the Swedish telephone catalogue, and
      there is
      > > only one Nordskog in it, viz. Erik Nordskog who lives in Northern
      > > Sweden at Kiruna.
      > > >
      > > > I'm taking a chance and writing to him to ask if he has any
      > > knowledge of these, perhaps mythical, masters.
      > > >
      > > > I'll report back in due course if and when I hear from Erik
      Nordskog.