3213Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Nordskog family (was Another myth?)

  • Mordechai Litzman
    Sep 12, 2006
      Are these masters from those that Arto returned? According to GU, Nordskog issued 27 doublesided records, and all the 6 Ory records were "re-issued" on the Spike's brothers label Sunshine Records (i.e. their label was pasted on top of the Nordskog label) .

      Albert Haim <alberthaim@...> wrote: I forgot to mention that Erik has about 80 masters from his great
      grandfather. Brad describes the collection as, "This collection is a
      cross-section of musical culture in Southern California in the
      unlikely recording years of 1921-22. It features dance bands,
      Hawaiian, popular and art songs, recitations and political speeches,
      maybe some classical." Unfortunately, no Kid Ory, no Jelly Roll
      Morton, and no King Oliver.

      Albert