      From: spacelights@...
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 2:29 PM
      Subject: [RedHotJazz] Re: One Bixian is Back (was Bee Palmer and Ralph Berton)

      Hello Jeffrey,

      All takes of these tunes are the same, as far as I know. Your date
      for "Wringin' and Twistin'" is correct; "In A Mist" was recorded on
      9-9-27.

      Bix seems to have made no other solo piano records, but he plays piano
      on "Wringin' and Twistin'," and "For No Reason At All In C" (5-13-27).
      Three of his solo piano compositions were later recorded by Jess
      Stacey: "Flashes," "In the Dark" (both 1935), and "Candlelights" (1939).

      Regards,

      John

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Jastram" <mister_j@...> wrote:

      > Gentlemen:
      > Please help ...
      > I have two records containing "Wringin' An' Twistin'" (Okeh
      40916/81450 and
      > Vocalion 3150/81450) by "Tram-Bix and Lang". Both were recorded
      09/17/27
      > (I think) with "In A Mist" on the other side. I believe these may be
      > identical recordings (in particular, note that both contain
      "/81450") but
      > in your conversation, the Vocalion label is not mentioned.
      >
      > Are these two from the same session? Identical takes or different?
      Same