3044RE: [RedHotJazz] Re: Max Kaminsky

    Aug 1 11:28 PM
      Lynn

      Nice. Many thanks for sharing your memories and images of Max. I regret I
      never heard him live as he never got a chance, in my time, to tour Europe.

      What sort of group was he working with in the 70s and what sort of
      repertoire ? I wonder if he was really so fond of the 'Dixie/Condon'
      warhorses or whether it was in some way a treadmill for him ?

      I always feel in him a player of wider ambition and taste.

      Also, he did not play latterly with Condon, was superseded by Bill and
      others. Did he give any indication as to why ? His decision or Condon's. Was
      there a schism ?

      Many thanks again