2818RE: [RedHotJazz] Coleman Source

    Jun 12, 2006
      Thanks again Howard. 'Jazz Directory' dates from 1950 --or second
      d.1955 --so the Nevers cannot be the source and I doubt that Carey or
      McCarthy had access to Swing label files. Was Swing label in 1936 then
      already subsumed by EMI ? I think not.

      JD shows same issue numbers for both takes on all titles. Which means ?

      I think much of the Swing treasure was locked away, lost, till recent years.
      I think originally very few alts. ever appeared. Who owns it now?