      From: Howard Rye <howard@...>
      To: RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:21:00 +0100
      Subject: Re: [RedHotJazz] Sidney Arodin

      on 8/5/06 14:56, loerchen2@... at loerchen2@... wrote:

      > Born March 29, 1902 in Westwego -- but on his WWI draft registration card, he
      > lied and said he was born in 1900.

      Have you any idea why he would do this? Surely increasing his age from 16 to
      18 would make him more likely to be drafted, which would be insane. (If he
      had wanted to serve he could have just joined up.) On the other hand,
      subsequent reduction of his age would just be common show-biz practice.

      And he is 9 in the 1910 census so his parents thought he was born in 1900
      too. Have you actually seen a birth record or is the 1902 date from standard
      sources?

      Yahoo! Groups Links