2593Re: [RedHotJazz] Sidney Arodin

  • loerchen2@aol.com
    May 8, 2006
      Here's what I found out about Sidney Arodin:

      Born March 29, 1902 in Westwego -- but on his WWI draft registration card, he lied and said he was born in 1900. He was a member of AF of M 174.

      Parents: Victor and Seconde Arnondin, married in Jan. 1900; both spoke French as their native language and both are listed as white.
      Victor was first a fisherman, then an oiler for the railroad, then later owned a restaurant.

      Victor's father (also Victor) was a fisherman. He and his wife are listed as white. It was a very large extended family, with members living near to each other. All are listed as white.

      In the public records, the name is spelled Arnondin, Armandan, and Arnaudin.
      I couldn't find any info on Seconde before her marriage; no maiden name. So if he was Creole, it would probably have to be through her side.

      Sue