2455Re: Name That Tune! - help needed identifying a couple of songs

  • Albert Haim
    Apr 8, 2006
      The second tune is certainly "Titine, Je Cherche Apres Titine." It was
      written in 1917 by Bertal-Maubon (lyrics) and Léo Daniderff (music).
      Used by Charlie Chaplin in Modern Times with invented words.

      The first line of the refrain go as follows.

      Je cherche après Titine, Titine, oh ! Titine !

      Katrina, my Katrina, I must have my Katrina!

      Tobin, I can see that the words you cited fit perfectly well with the
      tune. Do you remember the music? Is it the same as the one sung by
      Chaplin? Maybe a translation?

      Bing Crosby recorded a song entitled "Katrina" in 1945. He also sang a
      song named "Katrina" in the 1949 Walt Disney Film, "The Adventures of
      Ichabod and Mr. Toad." According to imdb, this tune was written by Don
      Raye and Gene de Paul. This is a different song. The lyrics for the
      Disney film song are given in http://tinyurl.com/mz67n

      Albert

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, tobinpreston@... wrote:

      > Is the second one " my Katrina"? Katrina my Katrina< I must have my
      Katrina!