2304Re: [RedHotJazz] Teddy Weatherford CD reissues?

    Mar 15, 2006
      on 15/3/06 16:16, ikey100 at wlmoorman3@... wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me if there are any CD reissues of Teddy
      > Weatherford's solo & band recordings available now?

      The piano solos (Paris & Calcutta) and two other Calcutta recordings were on
      Jazz Piano 1925-1944, Jazz-Time 253 626-2, but this 1991 French EMI CD
      lasted only until the accountants noticed it had slipped through the net. It
      might be worth looking for though.

      I'm not aware of any current CDs.

      A complete reissue of the Indian recordings is very unlikely since most of
      them are pretty dreary and all are fabulously rare. They were tiny pressing
      runs aimed at a small group of expats and all the masters were long ago
      destroyed to make room for Bollywood heroes and heroines. If you want to
      hear the best I should go after Harlequin's Jazz & Hot Dance In India LP,
      because it could be a long wait otherwise. This is mainly devoted to
      Weatherford and the related Reuben Solomon band but also has the Crickett
      Smith Indian Rex.

      These would be an ideal project for Jazz Oracle!