2100Re: [RedHotJazz] Jazz records ?

    Jan 1, 2006
      on 1/1/06 23:32, tommersl at tommersl@... wrote:

      > On "Blues Records" the entry for W.C. Handy suggests that the other
      > Handy sides are on a book "Jazz Records 1897-1942", which I assume is
      > the book by Brian A. L Rust , thats what the search on the web came up
      > with anyway. However it's out of print, on the other hand there are
      > more than handful of other books that probably are on the same
      > subject. What I need is the original "Jazz Records"book, the book that
      > lists all jazz recordings dates and personnel prewar , a book that is
      > similar to "Blues Records 1890-1943". What should I do ? I use Scott
      > Alexander's site in the meantime but it doesn't give a per-song details.

      Brian Rust's book is in its sixth edition, under the title Jazz & Ragtime
      Records 1897-1942, published by Mainspring Press, Highlands Ranch, CO, who
      can be found on the web at <www.mainspringpress.com>.

      In this group's archive you'll find some previous discussion of the relative
      merits of various editions and the possibility of obtaining one of the
      earlier editions rather more cheaply than the current price!