2072Re: [RedHotJazz] Red Hot Flo

    Dec 27, 2005
      I couldn't find it there either. It is on Volume 1 of the Collectors Classics series and also on Volume 1 of the Document Eva Taylor series - don't know about the Classics/Neatwork reissues. It most likely isn't really Dodds, but definitely played in his style.

      Cheers,

      Michael Rader

      > Is this recording available on RHJA ? - couldn't find it. Two recordings from 4/14/27 did not have anything sounding like Johnny Dodds.
      >
      > Michael Rader <Rader.Michael@...> wrote: Are there any new thoughts on the clarinet player on "Red Hot Flo (From Ko-Ko-Mo)" by Eva Taylor and Clarence Williams' Blue Five recorded in New York City on April 16 1927 (mx. OKeh 80740-A)? Unless Johnny Dodds was visiting an aunt in New York, investigating the New York Taxi system or doing Easter shopping (I don't know when Easter was in 1927, so maybe this can be immediately dismissed), who could it be?
      >
      > Another teaser.
      >
      > All the best,
      >
      > Michael Rader,
      >
      > Karlsruhe, Germany

      Nur bis 31.12.: 1&1 DSL mit WEB.DE Preisvorteil! Jetzt einsteigen
      und die Vorteile sichern! http://1und1dsl.web.de/?mc=021130
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic