1597Re: How to get the films to play from redhotjazz.com??

  • scott_langholff
    Oct 6, 2005
      Hi Scott

      I take it you are the one that has the Red Hot Jazz site with all
      the recordings. Great job by the way. I love that kind of music.
      My first love, and always will be. Thank goodness you've got this
      out there.

      I just watched Bing and the boys. The Windows media player had a
      noticibly better picture. At first I thought I might be favoring
      that format because that's the one I prefer. So I watched them
      again. It became very apparent that the windows version does look
      better. you can especially tell it when the piano player gets a
      close up when he's singing toward the early part of the film. The
      other version (quick time?) has all kinds of funny stuff happening
      in the white background wall. Squiggly lines moving around. That
      didn't happen in the windows version. I also found it very easy to
      figure out how to enlarge the windows version screen on the spot. I
      never did figure out how to make the quick time version change size.

      Other than that, it would seem that the windows version would be the
      most prevelant out there.

      Also, for the heck of it, I thought as a way of introducing myself
      as the new kid on the block, I'd include a link to my web site. I
      play arranger keyboard. It sounds like a band. Hope you enjoy.
      I've played trumpet, sax, drums and keys in dixie and swing bands
      among other styles. If you're an acoustic purist like I used to
      be...........you still may enjoy it.haha

      http://scottlmusic.com/Listen.html

      Best

      Scott Langholff

      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Scott Alexander <scott@t...>
      wrote:

      > I need some people to test these file formats:
      >
      > Here are two identical clips of Paul Whiteman's Rhythm Boys from
      the
      > "King of Jazz" film. The first is in the Windows format the second
      is in
      > the Apple Quicktime format.
      > http://www.redhotjazz.com/movies/kj/kjrhythmboys.wmv (13 mb)
      > http://www.redhotjazz.com/movies/kj/kjrhythmboys.mov (8.4 mb)
      >
      > Are these okay size wise for you folks? Too big? Too small?
      > Scott Alexander
      > The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      > www.redhotjazz.com
      >

      > Brad Bechtel wrote:
      >
      > >Of course, after all that, I found the MPlayer application, which
      claims to be able to play .VIV
      > >files correctly. Here's the download page:
      > >http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
      > >
      > >You'll probably need the additional codecs on that same page in
      order to see the movie
      > >correctly. On my Macintosh I see the movie but without sound,
      and it's pretty jerky.

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic