1566Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: How to get the films to play from redhotjazz.com??

  • Arthur LA hOTE
    Oct 4, 2005
      Havae to say thank you SO MUCH, I actually saw the film "The King of Jazz" in the theater in Los Angeles in the 80's in the Museum (County) in a special they had at the time on "silents" and early sound. How wonderful that you were able to forward these clips on. Wish you would send all you can. Also let us know how you were able to capture them. Art LaHote

      I need some people to test these file formats:

      Here are two identical clips of Paul Whiteman's Rhythm Boys from the
      "King of Jazz" film. The first is in the Windows format the second is in
      the Apple Quicktime format.
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/movies/kj/kjrhythmboys.wmv (13 mb)
      http://www.redhotjazz.com/movies/kj/kjrhythmboys.mov (8.4 mb)

      Are these okay size wise for you folks? Too big? Too small?
      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive
      www.redhotjazz.com

      Brad Bechtel wrote:

      >Of course, after all that, I found the MPlayer application, which claims to be able to play .VIV
      >files correctly. Here's the download page:
      >http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/dload.html
      >
      >You'll probably need the additional codecs on that same page in order to see the movie
      >correctly. On my Macintosh I see the movie but without sound, and it's pretty jerky.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Genres of music Jazz music Music genres