1420Re: Martha Copeland

    Sep 16, 2005
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "David N. Lewis" <udtv@...>

      > I researched North Carolina based blues singer and pianist Ban
      > Abney some years ago

      So *you* were the one! I had been wondering who could have added such
      valuable information on AllMusic.

      I admit the "folk-blues" argument would take us too far away from the
      group's topic, but I still think Nathan Beauregard was a typical example of
      the
      musicians who made the 1960's festival audience think that blues people
      had been old all their lives ;-)

      > --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, "tommersl" <tommersl@y...> wrote:
      Anyway I think it's possible even by ear to have opinion wether a
      vocal is of 60 years old or 30 years old which can be enough for
      Martha Copeland's case, especially as her recordings spanned 5 years
      between 1923-28. Although not a 100% method but I would have my
      personal opinion if I had listened to her vocals.

      Well, I was lucky with Yahoo and managed to add Mr Rooster to the "files"
      section.