1418Re: Martha Copeland

  • tommersl
    Sep 16, 2005
      I can only think about estimating the age by the vocals. I don't know
      wether theres any scientific method to do so, but it wouldn't surprise
      me in case there is.
      Anyway I think it's possible even by ear to have opinion wether a
      vocal is of 60 years old or 30 years old which can be enough for
      Martha Copeland's case, especially as her recordings spanned 5 years
      between 1923-28. Although not a 100% method but I would have my
      personal opinion if I had listened to her vocals.

      Tommersl
      --- In RedHotJazz@yahoogroups.com, Howard Rye <howard@c...> wrote:
      > on 16/9/05 8:26, tommersl at tommersl@y... wrote:
      >
      > Which in terms of the present discussion is merely to say that we really
      > don't know how likely or otherwise it is that Martha Copeland might have
      > been that old. We certainly have no evidence to suggest that she
      couldn't
      > have been.

      > howard@c...
      > Tel/FAX: +44 20 8521 1098