1410Re: [RedHotJazz] Dolly Kay [was Martha Copeland]

  • Scott Alexander
    Sep 15, 2005
      Another singer like that who seems to have dropped off the map is Dolly
      Kay (http://www.redhotjazz.com/dollykay.html)

      I've been trying to find information about her for quite a while now. I
      think that she is from New York, but I'm not sure about that. I have one
      item about her living with her parents and working as a stenographer in
      New York and auditioning for a vaudeville agent and becoming an
      overnight success. Her name is all over Variety magazine in the 1920s.
      She was performing in vaudeville and in cabarets and on the radio in the
      1930s. Her picture appears on several pieces of sheet music. The last
      mention I found of her was performing in Los Angeles with Nick Lucas on
      April 18th, 1965. Dolly Kay may be a pseudonym, but can some one please
      do a census search for her? I'd be curious to see what turns up.

      Scott Alexander
      The Red Hot Jazz Archive

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic