1403Re: [RedHotJazz] Re: Martha Copeland

  • Arthur LA hOTE
    Sep 15, 2005
      Seems her real name was Martha seems her first recording session was credited to a Martha Brown before being changed to Copeland it is thought to be an error made my "Columbia".

      There are two c/d's out on her I have been able to get only volume 1 Sept. 1923-Aug. 1927. DoCD 5372 on Document Records and that is in l995.

      Thanks to all of you who have been of some help. Art LaHote

      Howard Rye <howard@...> wrote:
      on 15/9/05 12:37, Howard Rye at howard@... wrote:

      > on 15/9/05 12:15, Robert Smith at robert.smith@... wrote:
      >
      >> According to the information that I have Mamie Smith was born in 1890
      >
      > Mamie was born Mamie Robinson in Cincinnati on 26 May 1883. This information
      > goes back to Sheldon Harris' Blues Who's Who at least, though think I have
      > seen any definite confirmation of it.

      Oh dear. I meant that I did not think that I had seen any definite
      confirmation. Sorry.

      Genres of music Jazz music