East Bay Recumbents Ride Day, 6/21/2009, 9:00 am

  • Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.co
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2009
      Reminder from: Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay Yahoo! Group

      Title: East Bay Recumbents Ride Day

      Date: Sunday June 21, 2009
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Sunday.
      Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond

    • janusz_mermel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2009
        --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        So, offer up your thoughts about both near and far term rides for the up-coming summer and Indian summer months. I myself am interested in going to the Spokane/Couer d'Alene area to do the Centennial Trail and the Trail of the Couer d'Alenes any time except the winter months:-). For those who do not know, the Centennial Trail is 60 miles end to end and the T of The C'dA is 75 miles end to end. So that gives you a total of 270 miles of very beautiful riding with most on cycling/walking paved trail.
        Thanks again for all the participants this past weekend.

        AJ

        Allen and other REB members, sorry I wasn't able to join in Sunday's ride and the path opening festivities but I just returned that day from spending the previous week at the TaterTOT'09 trike gathering at Kellog, idaho on the Couer d'Alene trail. Most fun I've had in quite some while and would encourage others to consider this event in 2010. I'm certainly planning on doing this again in the future.

        Although I didn't complete the Centennial Trail, I went on the entire Couer d' Alene path, some sections more than once, and additionally went with some folks on the difficult Dobson Pass route, 53 miles with the initial 6 miles all uphill at some pretty steep inclines. The backside of this climb was a 'screamer', great fun, like a roller-coaster ride.

        It's beautiful country up there and certainly worth the approx 2K mile drive, round trip, to get there, and particularly if you're able to spend some time as I did. Also a chance to meet many of the folks who post on the BROL web site.

        I'm not going to the Ft. Stevens bent retreat this year, only because I just did TaterTOT. I agree with Paul that it is a fun outing, although wish it were a longer venue. Would suggest if anyone else goes up this year that they try to make reservations for an additional couple of days to make the long drive more worthwhile.

        By the way, Richard, a number of the folks said to say hello to you and ask you to consider coming up to the next TaterTOT. I guess that they know you from your over 7000 postings on BROL (!), and possibly from private emailings, and/or conversations, with them.

        By the way, if any REB members are interested in seeing photos and reading descriptions of this year's TaterTOT gathering, you can look it up at the BROL (BentRiders Online)
        web site, under the 'Trike' message board.

        I'm still very interested in doing the 17 mile ride down at Pebble Beach, also getting some of our group out to join the Sacramento riders on one of their monthly rides. What say?

        Janusz