Sacto ride

  • paulheijn
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29 7:29 AM
      I'm thinking of going up to Sacramento for their monthly ride on Sat and wondered if anybody would want to ride up with me. My van only has 1 passenger seat, but lots of room for bikes or trikes. I would be leaving Fremont around 6-ish and could meet up with anybody in the east bay.
      Paul
    • paulheijn
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30 11:42 PM
        Looks like between the chance of rain and the Sacto group might have to cancel because the trail is closed for a special event, I'm canceling my plans for this ride. Maybe next month.
        Paul

        --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, "paulheijn" <paulheijn@...> wrote:

        > I'm thinking of going up to Sacramento for their monthly ride on Sat and wondered if anybody would want to ride up with me. My van only has 1 passenger seat, but lots of room for bikes or trikes. I would be leaving Fremont around 6-ish and could meet up with anybody in the east bay.
        > Paul

      • Richard Arnold
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2009
          The RANS RAAM team is in Davis for the 24 hr race tomorrow morning, finishing Sunday morning. Looks like they will have a wet several hours just like the Amgen Tour of California when it passed through Davis. I wonder if that is a decent spectator sport? It would almost be worth driving up to see for a few hours, and take a ride in Davis.

          Richard
        • paulheijn
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2009
            The start point is in Winters and the daytime route is 162.5 mi. They could be anywhere on that route, so I don't think it would be much of a spectator event.
            Paul

            --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

            > The RANS RAAM team is in Davis for the 24 hr race tomorrow morning, finishing Sunday morning. Looks like they will have a wet several hours just like the Amgen Tour of California when it passed through Davis. I wonder if that is a decent spectator sport? It would almost be worth driving up to see for a few hours, and take a ride in Davis.
            >
            > Richard

          • Richard Arnold
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2009
              At 20mph average speed, that would mean they would pass one point on the route 3 times in 24 hours. However everyone knows that Davis has the best coffee and pastry shops, so what's it doing in Winters? It's hard to believe that California is getting a reputation for raining on bicycle races. I wonder if it will be dry at Hellyer Park later this month for the big recumbent race?

              Richard Arnold
            • Bruce Chrisp
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2009
                Richard,

                When is the Hellyer Park race this year?

                Bruce

                On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

                > At 20mph average speed, that would mean they would pass one point on the
                > route 3 times in 24 hours. However everyone knows that Davis has the best
                > coffee and pastry shops, so what's it doing in Winters? It's hard to believe
                > that California is getting a reputation for raining on bicycle races. I
                > wonder if it will be dry at Hellyer Park later this month for the big
                > recumbent race?
                >
                > Richard Arnold

              • Richard Arnold
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2009
                  Saturday, May 30th. You can google Hellyer velodrome and see their calendar and get contact info.

                  Richard Arnold
                • David
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2009
                    OH YEAH !!!!!!!! This year I have that Saturday off.

                    Regarding the 24 Hour Race out of Winters; at the one in Michigan, after dark they use a 7 mile loop for the rest of the time. If this is the same technique used out here, there should be a shorter loop, so they'd be passing more frequently.

                    Good riding

                    Dave Ransom

                    --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

                    > Saturday, May 30th. You can google Hellyer velodrome and see their calendar and get contact info.
                    >
                    > Richard Arnold

                  • paulheijn
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 2, 2009
                      The night time loop is 18mi.