Sacto ride

  • paulheijn
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2009
      I'm thinking of going up to Sacramento for their monthly ride on Sat and wondered if anybody would want to ride up with me. My van only has 1 passenger seat, but lots of room for bikes or trikes. I would be leaving Fremont around 6-ish and could meet up with anybody in the east bay.
      Paul
    • paulheijn
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
        Looks like between the chance of rain and the Sacto group might have to cancel because the trail is closed for a special event, I'm canceling my plans for this ride. Maybe next month.
        Paul

        --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, "paulheijn" <paulheijn@...> wrote:

        > I'm thinking of going up to Sacramento for their monthly ride on Sat and wondered if anybody would want to ride up with me. My van only has 1 passenger seat, but lots of room for bikes or trikes. I would be leaving Fremont around 6-ish and could meet up with anybody in the east bay.
        > Paul

      • Richard Arnold
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 9:36 PM
          The RANS RAAM team is in Davis for the 24 hr race tomorrow morning, finishing Sunday morning. Looks like they will have a wet several hours just like the Amgen Tour of California when it passed through Davis. I wonder if that is a decent spectator sport? It would almost be worth driving up to see for a few hours, and take a ride in Davis.

          Richard
        • paulheijn
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 10:30 PM
            The start point is in Winters and the daytime route is 162.5 mi. They could be anywhere on that route, so I don't think it would be much of a spectator event.
            Paul

            --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

            > The RANS RAAM team is in Davis for the 24 hr race tomorrow morning, finishing Sunday morning. Looks like they will have a wet several hours just like the Amgen Tour of California when it passed through Davis. I wonder if that is a decent spectator sport? It would almost be worth driving up to see for a few hours, and take a ride in Davis.
            >
            > Richard

          • Richard Arnold
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2 8:41 AM
              At 20mph average speed, that would mean they would pass one point on the route 3 times in 24 hours. However everyone knows that Davis has the best coffee and pastry shops, so what's it doing in Winters? It's hard to believe that California is getting a reputation for raining on bicycle races. I wonder if it will be dry at Hellyer Park later this month for the big recumbent race?

              Richard Arnold
            • Bruce Chrisp
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2 2:16 PM
                Richard,

                When is the Hellyer Park race this year?

                Bruce

                On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

                > At 20mph average speed, that would mean they would pass one point on the
                > route 3 times in 24 hours. However everyone knows that Davis has the best
                > coffee and pastry shops, so what's it doing in Winters? It's hard to believe
                > that California is getting a reputation for raining on bicycle races. I
                > wonder if it will be dry at Hellyer Park later this month for the big
                > recumbent race?
                >
                > Richard Arnold

              • Richard Arnold
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2 3:42 PM
                  Saturday, May 30th. You can google Hellyer velodrome and see their calendar and get contact info.

                  Richard Arnold
                • David
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2 4:44 PM
                    OH YEAH !!!!!!!! This year I have that Saturday off.

                    Regarding the 24 Hour Race out of Winters; at the one in Michigan, after dark they use a 7 mile loop for the rest of the time. If this is the same technique used out here, there should be a shorter loop, so they'd be passing more frequently.

                    Good riding

                    Dave Ransom

                    --- In Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com, Richard Arnold <ca_mobjacker@...> wrote:

                    > Saturday, May 30th. You can google Hellyer velodrome and see their calendar and get contact info.
                    >
                    > Richard Arnold

                  • paulheijn
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 2 5:53 PM
                      The night time loop is 18mi.