East Bay Recumbents Ride Day, 2/17/2007, 9:00 am

  • Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.c
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2007
      Reminder from: Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay Yahoo! Group

      Title: East Bay Recumbents Ride Day

      Date: Saturday February 17, 2007
      Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 4 days.
      Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond

    • Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.c
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007

        Date: Saturday February 17, 2007
        Time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
        Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.
        Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond

      • Allan Jensen
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
          Hey REB's,
          Anyone interested in an alternative route this Saturday?? Or maybe we can
          meet at the regular place and discuss an alternate route and day for later
          this month?
          Looks like Saturday is going to be warm and dry. I was thinking about
          meeting at the Shell station at Powell/Freeway in Emeryville and taking
          Shellmound to Mandella Pkwy and on into the Oakland embarcadero and maybe
          beyond. OR, taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to
          Pleasant Hill?? Just some thoughts.
          AJ
          --- Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Reminder from: Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay Yahoo! Group
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Recumbents_of_the_East_Bay/cal
          >
          > East Bay Recumbents Ride Day
          > Saturday February 17, 2007
          > 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
          > (This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.)
          > Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond
          >
          > All Rights Reserved
          > Copyright © 2007
          > Yahoo! Inc.
          > http://www.yahoo.com
          >
          > Privacy Policy:
          > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
          >
          > Terms of Service:
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Allan Jensen
          Gramps94804@...
          Try not to speak in absolutes

        • Greg Dunn
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
            >>Taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to Pleasant Hill?? <<

            AJ:

            I'll be happy to do that route with you (and anyone else interested) almost any weekend, with a little bit of notice, as I live in Pleasanton.  Lots of other nice rides out my way, especially this time of year.  Middle of the day (11-4) tends to be the best time for sunshine and pleasant temperatures.

            Greg Dunn

            Anyone interested in an alternative route this Saturday?? Or maybe we can
            meet at the regular place and discuss an alternate route and day for later
            this month?
            Looks like Saturday is going to be warm and dry. I was thinking about
            meeting at the Shell station at Powell/Freeway in Emeryville and taking
            Shellmound to Mandella Pkwy and on into the Oakland embarcadero and maybe
            beyond. OR, taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to
            Pleasant Hill?? Just some thoughts.
            AJ
            --- Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay@yahoogroups. com wrote:

            > Reminder from: Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay Yahoo!
            Group

            > East Bay Recumbents Ride Day
            > Saturday February 17, 2007

            9:00 am - 12:00 pm
            > (This event repeats every month on the third
            Saturday.)
            > Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail,
            Richmond

            > All Rights Reserved
            > Copyright © 2007

            Yahoo! Inc.

            href="http://www.yahoo.com">http://www.yahoo. com

            Privacy Policy:

            href="http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us">http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us

            > Terms of Service:

            href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            Allan Jensen
            Gramps94804@ yahoo.com
            Try not to speak in absolutes

            Ask your question on www.Answers. yahoo.com

          • larry kawalec
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
              I'd be up for Iron Horse Trail to Danville and then Southgate to the summit of Diablo.
              12 miles to Danville and another 12 to the summit.

              Anybody?

              Larry

              Greg Dunn <Discussion@...> wrote:
              >>Taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to Pleasant Hill?? <<

              AJ:

              I'll be happy to do that route with you (and anyone else interested) almost any weekend, with a little bit of notice, as I live in Pleasanton.  Lots of other nice rides out my way, especially this time of year.  Middle of the day (11-4) tends to be the best time for sunshine and pleasant temperatures.

              Greg Dunn

              Anyone interested in an alternative route this Saturday?? Or maybe we can
              meet at the regular place and discuss an alternate route and day for later
              this month?
              Looks like Saturday is going to be warm and dry. I was thinking about
              meeting at the Shell station at Powell/Freeway in Emeryville and taking
              Shellmound to Mandella Pkwy and on into the Oakland embarcadero and maybe
              beyond. OR, taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to
              Pleasant Hill?? Just some thoughts.
              AJ
              --- Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay@yahoogroups. com wrote:

              > Reminder from: Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay Yahoo! Group
              > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Recumbents _of_the_East_ Bay/cal
              >
              > East Bay Recumbents Ride Day
              > Saturday February 17, 2007
              > 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
              > (This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.)
              > Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond
              >
              > All Rights Reserved
              > Copyright © 2007
              > Yahoo! Inc.
              > http://www.yahoo. com
              >
              > Privacy Policy:
              > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
              >
              > Terms of Service:
              > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              Allan Jensen
              Gramps94804@ yahoo.com
              Try not to speak in absolutes

              Ask your question on www.Answers. yahoo.com

              Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
              in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.

            • Greg Dunn
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
                The summit's a bit much for me, but I'm sure you'll find some other takers.

                My personal interest is in rides 25-50 miles with only moderate hills.

                Greg

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 14, 2007
                  Larry and Greg,
                  I'm with Greg, the summit is a bit much for my age:-). I'll take Greg's
                  suggestion and plan for another day/weekend. The club did the Iron Horse
                  trail one time many moons ago. As I recall we had about 5-6 riders and had
                  a great time. I'd like to do it again soon if we can try to hit good
                  weather. With enough riders we can have the lead rider stop at the many
                  intersections and hold traffic for the rest of the riders so we can keep
                  up a nice moving pace without bunching up at all those intersections.

                  Anyway, why don't we meet at the usual place this Sat. and talk about it
                  on our ride that day---and keep the planing going here at the website.
                  AJ
                  --- Greg Dunn <Discussion@...> wrote:

                  > The summit's a bit much for me, but I'm sure you'll find some other
                  > takers.
                  >
                  > My personal interest is in rides 25-50 miles with only moderate hills.
                  >
                  > Greg
                  >
                  > _____

                  <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOAR

                  fcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=39654
                  > 5367> fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                  > in the Yahoo!

                  <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index;_ylc=X3oDMTFvbGNhMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU0NTEwOAR

                  fcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2VjA21haWxfdGFnbGluZQRzbGsDbWFpbF90YWcx?link=ask&sid=39654
                  > 5367> Answers Food Drink Q&A.

                  Allan Jensen
                  Gramps94804@...
                  Try not to speak in absolutes

                  Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                  http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
                • Vernon Davis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 15, 2007
                    I might be able to make this ride on Saturday.  The Iron Horse Trail would be ok with me.  I'm quite familiar with it since I ride it a lot.  Mt. Diablo is another story.  I might ride up to the junction but haven't done the summit yet.  Since I haven't been riding a lot for a while, I'm sure I'm not in condition to do the ride this weekend.

                    Vernon

                    rel=nofollow>Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay@yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of Allan
                    > Jensen
                    > Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 9:35 AM
                    > To: Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay@yahoogroups. com
                    > Subject: Re: [REB] East Bay Recumbents Ride Day, 2/17/2007, 9:00 am
                    >

                    > Hey REB's,
                    > Anyone interested in an alternative route this Saturday?? Or maybe we
                    > can
                    > meet at the regular place and discuss an alternate route and day for
                    > later
                    > this month?
                    > Looks like Saturday is going to be warm and dry. I was thinking about
                    > meeting at the Shell station at Powell/Freeway in Emeryville and taking
                    > Shellmound to Mandella Pkwy and on into the Oakland embarcadero and
                    > maybe
                    > beyond. OR, taking BART to Pleasanton and doing the Iron Horse trail to
                    > Pleasant Hill?? Just some
                    thoughts.
                    > AJ
                    > --- Recumbents_of_ <mailto:Recumbents_ of_the_East_ Bay%40yahoogroup s.com>
                    > the_East_Bay@ yahoogroups. com wrote:
                    >
                    > > Reminder from: Recumbents_of_ the_East_ Bay Yahoo! Group
                    > > http://groups.
                    > <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Recumbents _of_the_East_ Bay/cal>
                    > yahoo.com/group/ Recumbents_ of_the_East_ Bay/cal
                    > >
                    > > East Bay Recumbents Ride Day
                    > > Saturday February 17, 2007
                    > > 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
                    > > (This event repeats every month on the third Saturday.)
                    > > Location: Meet at Central Ave and the Bay Trail, Richmond
                    > >
                    > > All Rights Reserved
                    > > Copyright C 2007
                    > > Yahoo! Inc.
                    > > http://www.yahoo. <http://www.yahoo. com/> com
                    > >
                    > > Privacy Policy:
                    > > http://privacy. <http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us>
                    > yahoo.com/privacy/ us
                    > >
                    > > Terms of Service:
                    > > http://docs. <http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/> yahoo.com/info/ terms/
                    > >

                    > Allan Jensen
                    > Gramps94804@ <mailto:Gramps94804 %40yahoo. com> yahoo.com
                    > Try not to speak in absolutes
                    >
                    > ____________ _________ _________ _________
                    _________ _________ _
                    > Need a quick answer? Get one in minutes from people who know.
                    > Ask your question on www.Answers. yahoo.com
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > Food

                    <http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/index; _ylc=X3oDMTFvbGN hMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU 0NTEwOAR

                    fcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2 VjA21haWxfdGFnbG luZQRzbGsDbWFpbF 90YWcx?link= ask&sid=39654
                    > 5367> fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                    > in the Yahoo!

                    <http://answers. yahoo.com/ dir/index; _ylc=X3oDMTFvbGN hMGE3BF9TAzM5NjU 0NTEwOAR

                    fcwMzOTY1NDUxMDMEc2 VjA21haWxfdGFnbG luZQRzbGsDbWFpbF 90YWcx?link= ask&sid=39654
                    > 5367> Answers Food Drink Q&A.

                    Allan Jensen
                    Gramps94804@ yahoo.com
                    Try not to speak in absolutes

                    Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                    http://games. yahoo.com/ games/front

                  • Zach Kaplan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 15, 2007
                      > I'd be up for Iron Horse Trail to Danville and then Southgate to
                      > the summit of Diablo.
                      > 12 miles to Danville and another 12 to the summit.
                      >
                      > Anybody?
                      >
                      > Larry

                      I'd join you if it weren't for these rides:
                      Sat Feb 17 3!/M/105 Del Puerto Loop
                      Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Livermore Civic Center on S Livermore Ave
                      (take N Livermore exit off I580). This classic route takes us out
                      over Tesla and Coral Hollow into the Central Valley. From here we'll
                      head south, making our way down to Del Puerto Canyon. The ride up Del
                      Puerto is beautiful and very quiet. The top 1-1/2 miles of this route
                      has 700 feet of climbing (9% avg), thus the ! in the listing. After a
                      stop at the Junction, we'll head north on Mines Rd back to the cars.
                      Slow riders will be on their own. Any rider who may be out after 5:00
                      p.m. should bring lights. 30% chance of rain in Livermore cancels.
                      Bruce Berg, (510) 525-3533 or bruceberg at usa dot net.

                      Sat Feb 17 5/TM/90-100 Double-Prep #2: Bears-Diablo-Redwood
                      Meet 7:15 a.m. at N Berkeley BART for a PROMPT departure at 7:30.
                      Wildcat, Bears, Pig Farm, Reliez, Diablo to Junction, Norris,
                      Redwood. This is part of a series of double-century-prep rides which
                      runs until mid-April. Come fully prepared: see www.grizz.org/series/
                      dbl-prep.html for details. Rain or 20% chance may cancel, shorten, or
                      postpone: call if any doubt. Rain date: Sun, Feb 18. Any questions,
                      please call Estella Garcia (510) 540-6440.

                      Zach Kaplan Cycles
                      Alameda, Northern California, North America
                      510-522-BENT (2368)
                      zakaplan@...
                    • Allan Jensen
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 15, 2007
                        Hey Zach,
                        Good to hear from you. If you signed up for the "American (recumbent)Idol"
                        you'd win hands down!!! Not many of us can keep up with you, even on a
                        lazy ride along the Bay Trail here in the East Bay. You are one class act.
                        Whichever of those two rides you mention, I wish you good speed.

                        But for the rest of us flat-land riders, I want to at least offer the
                        opportunity to do some of the routes I've scoped out on my quest to ride
                        the entire circumfrence of the Bay Trail. I mentioned the connection from
                        Emeryville on into Oakland/Alameda because a few folks are tentative. I've
                        done it twice now and find it to be fairly easy. You would be a good one
                        to join us since I think you have also done it and know the better routes
                        from the Amtrak station in Oakland to Alameda.
                        I'll try to remember to bring my maps for this Sat. ride at the usual
                        place and let others suggest routing.
                        Iron Horse is fun if one does as I suggest and let the lead rider(s) stop
                        traffic at the intersections so the "peleton" can keep moving:-).
                        Sincerely,

                        AJ
                        --- Zach Kaplan <zakaplan@...> wrote:

                        > > I'd be up for Iron Horse Trail to Danville and then Southgate to
                        > > the summit of Diablo.
                        > > 12 miles to Danville and another 12 to the summit.
                        > >
                        > > Anybody?
                        > >
                        > > Larry
                        >
                        > I'd join you if it weren't for these rides:
                        > Sat Feb 17 3!/M/105 Del Puerto Loop
                        > Meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Livermore Civic Center on S Livermore Ave
                        > (take N Livermore exit off I580). This classic route takes us out
                        > over Tesla and Coral Hollow into the Central Valley. From here we'll
                        > head south, making our way down to Del Puerto Canyon. The ride up Del
                        > Puerto is beautiful and very quiet. The top 1-1/2 miles of this route
                        > has 700 feet of climbing (9% avg), thus the ! in the listing. After a
                        > stop at the Junction, we'll head north on Mines Rd back to the cars.
                        > Slow riders will be on their own. Any rider who may be out after 5:00
                        > p.m. should bring lights. 30% chance of rain in Livermore cancels.
                        > Bruce Berg, (510) 525-3533 or bruceberg at usa dot net.
                        >
                        > Sat Feb 17 5/TM/90-100 Double-Prep #2: Bears-Diablo-Redwood
                        > Meet 7:15 a.m. at N Berkeley BART for a PROMPT departure at 7:30.
                        > Wildcat, Bears, Pig Farm, Reliez, Diablo to Junction, Norris,
                        > Redwood. This is part of a series of double-century-prep rides which
                        > runs until mid-April. Come fully prepared: see www.grizz.org/series/
                        > dbl-prep.html for details. Rain or 20% chance may cancel, shorten, or
                        > postpone: call if any doubt. Rain date: Sun, Feb 18. Any questions,
                        > please call Estella Garcia (510) 540-6440.

                        > Zach Kaplan Cycles
                        > Alameda, Northern California, North America
                        > 510-522-BENT (2368)
                        > zakaplan@...

                        Allan Jensen
                        Gramps94804@...