HP Velotechnik Street Machine GT for sale

  • Zach Kaplan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2006
      2002 HP Velotechnik Street Machine GT in excellent condition and would make
      an excellent all weather commuting or touring bike. It has the following
      specifications:

      Dark blue
      Under seat steering
      Choice of large or small seat
      Airflow seat cushion
      MEKS Carbon AC fork with adjustable hydraulic damping
      DNM ST8ARC rear shock with adjustable hydraulic damper
      Rohloff Speedhub 14-speed internally geared hub with 17T cog
      Tracer 170 mm crankset with 46T chainring
      Magura Clara hydraulic disc brakes
      Schwalbe Marathon 40-406 front tyre, 40-559 rear tyre (reflective sidewall)
      HP Velotechnik tubular aluminium rear rack
      HP Velotechnik tubular aluminium lowrider rack under seat
      Pletscher kickstand mounted to fitting on lowrider rack
      SKS mudguards with mudflaps and reflective stripe on rear mudguard
      Schmidt dynamo hub
      B&M Lumotec Oval Senso Plus headlight internally wired in frame
      B&M DToplight plus taillight internally wired in rack
      Cyclecomputer mount with CatEye Cordless 2 cyclecomputer fitted
      US$2550

      Zach Kaplan Cycles
      Alameda, Northern California, North America
      510-522-BENT (2368)
      zakaplan@...
    • Richard Arnold
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2006
        Today was a beautiful day for an REB ride so I made an
        appearance and, lo and behold, it was a lousy day to
        find parking at the Cener St. assembly point. Mountain
        Hardware was having an odd lots sale and it was
        attended by a bigger crowd than their floor space can
        handle. I was able to find parking among the big rigs
        on the other side of the intersection.

        The ride was sparsely attended, but 100% of attendees
        were on Rohloff equipped trikes. Wave of the future,
        or just more pleasurable to ride than other
        recumbents? Who's to say. I was on my '04 Road and
        Zach Kapklan was on his '06 Scorpion. We also both
        drive Toyota Previas so we had a lot to talk about.

        We went over the hill to the Emeryville marina and met
        a bunch of recumbents along the way, all of which were
        trikes. Of course with the exception of a Trice going
        the other way, the rest of them were the handcycle
        group out of Berkley. As you probably know by now, it
        was shirt sleeve and shorts weather and no breeze
        coming from the Bay. Just a wonderful ride. I hope the
        third Saturdays continue to provide excellent through
        the winter.

        Richard Arnold

        Sponsored Link

        Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
        $420k for $1,399/mo. Calculate new payment!
        www.LowerMyBills.com/lre